5 Ways to be happier in life

avril 30, 2018



5 Ways to be happier in life

  1. Gratitude

Sometimes when we are depressed and overloaded by sadness, we tend to forget our daily blessings, therefore we have a tendency to get sucked into this darkness more and more. However, if we remember to be grateful, so much turmoil can be avoided. We can be grateful for a lot of things, like having a loving family, your BFF, a furry friend, even having food at your table everyday (Approximately 842 million people suffer from hunger worldwide. That’s almost 12 percent of the world’s population) or just being alive.


(Each time I look at him, it feels like my heart will explode with love and happiness)

Sometimes, we need to zoom out and look at the bigger picture. When we are depressed, we lean towards negativity and self-pity, but if we put things into perspective and be grateful for what we have instead of looking for what we don’t have, can be a self-sabotaging tendency that could lead to more depression and darkness. Start with a list of everything that you’re grateful for, participate in gratitude challenges, be aware of the words and thoughts you thinking and finally do one random act of kindness every day. It can be holding the door to the person behind you, giving money to a person in need, a genuine compliment or just a smile. And never forget a grateful heart is a magnet for miracles





2. Check the 3 boxes

Every time you are feeling down, ask yourself 3 questions: Am I hungry? Did I get enough sleep? Am I thirsty? This can sound silly, but being uncomfortable is much related to those three things. When you don’t have enough sleep, you can be easily irritated and quick to respond to every stimulus in your environment, from cursing to the A**hole driver next to you to picking a fight with your bae for a text that sounded not right.
Being mindful of your state, and a good self-care routine,  can be a key for being more relaxed and prepared for all the daily challenges that you can ever face. So eat healthy, drink a lot of water, and get enough sleep. Go GIRL




3. Stop comparing yourself to others

AHH this one is a little harder, we all did it, looking at Facebook profiles and Instagram pictures and thinking deep down that those persons have a better life than us, a simple thought that can grow like a seed, then you find yourself swimming in regrets and bitterness. But think for a second, when you want to post a picture, don’t you look at it a hundred times before, to make sure it’s the perfect caption that will express this tremendous happiness that you’re living in this exact moment? We all do. 

So before saying that this person have a great life, or that they are better than you, think!  We are not the same (thankfully!), imagine a world with no differences, having identical experiences, it will be lifeless.

And next time you start having those thoughts, don’t compare yourself, instead use it as a motivator to enhance your life and be passionate about what you do and have.




4.  Look inward:

Every now and then this is the last place where we want to be, a chaos of thought, a flow of negativity that pushes you deeper and deeper into depression. But how can you be yourself, interact with other without knowing who you are, what motivates you, your limits, your hopes and dreams. You need to honor the story that got you to this moment, all of your experiences, all the strength that you showed to be in this right moment. We all start like raw diamonds, getting shaped by life to become this beautiful soul that you are now.  There is no bad experiences, only the ones that you need to evolve and transform. 
Go easy on yourself, the first person who need your help is you, look at your story with compassion and love, don’t be judgmental and condemnatory.  You can start by answering those simple questions, like what was the most painful experience to go through? What was the biggest challenge for you? Your biggest regrets? Etc.
 When you start this process, the first steps are the hardest, but then you will make it a habit, and habits are the first steps to a life style, and never forget looking outside motivates but looking inward awakens.





5.  Feel, think say and do:

Simple mantra, but a lot of work. I’ve always thought that the best state a person can achieve is feeling and thinking the same thing, have the courage to tell the truth and follow it in our day to day life. When I was younger, I was a people pleaser, I avoided conflict and had a lot of friend. But was it me that they liked or the image that I was projecting? Of course it was not me, I did not even know back then how I was ( I don’t say that I know who I’m now, it’s a life time journey)
But the universe always crumble weak foundations, I went through some rough time, and I knew that I needed to change myself to carry on. And this is where I started to love myself more, and had this mantra about honoring my feelings and my thoughts. Whenever I want to say or do something, I stop for a moment and think, is it an interpretation for what I feel? What I really think? Will I do it? If I don’t, so it’s no longer relevant.  By doing it I can guarantee you peace of mind.  





Be kind, be love, you're enough
xoxo
Meryame

 

You Might Also Like

0 commentaires

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook